Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Vans.

The Venture is getting a new engine. Stage one take the  parts off the engine.


I will post more pictures as the work progresses. Last December I blew the engine. Instead of parking it I drove on an overheated Engine. Should have parked it and called for my mechanic to come get it but we live and learn and this is a costly lesson.
 But it did lead to a silver lining.  I bought the Ford Aero star thinking that it was  on it's last leg and just need a temporarily Van to haul the family. When my mechanic heard that I intended to junk it he looked at it and deduced that the problems were a relatively simple as it needed a tuneup bad. I call my Buddie the Car whisper. The white Ford Aero Star has almost no rust and the body is in good shape not to mention it's all wheel drive makes it ver desirable in the Wisconsin Winters. Above it the Areo Star  as it was being tuned up. it has a 4.0 and is AC so to do the tuneup we have to remove a lot of parts just to get to the components. It was misfiring on two cylinders and totally  missing on another one. The dealer sold my it for $700 just to get rid of it. They thought it was junk.
We call the Aero Star  our family A.P.C. Armored Personal Carrier. Haven't figered out a nickname for the Venture yet.The Aero Star is a tank. Drives nice now but before it drove like one and it's become our family work horse. I even used it to push a neighborer car uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment